NOW HIRING: Employee Experience Specialist
NOW HIRING: Employee Experience Specialist
Overview: The International Transportation Learning Center (ITLC), operator of the Transit Workforce Center (TWC), seeks a candidate with significant experience in the area of employee total experience, workforce support, and human resources to serve as ITLC’s first Employee Experience Specialist. The ideal candidate will understand how to carry out this function in the context of a mission-focused, worker-centered nonprofit organization ITLC and TWC support a range of critical areas for frontline workers in public transportation, including: worker voice; career development and advancement; and workforce diversity, equity, inclusion, and access. We expect our Employee Experience Specialist to help advance these practices and values through thoughtful, rational, and compassionate systems and processes developed in consultation with the staff and directors.
About ITLC: Founded in 2001, ITLC is a non-profit organization based in Silver Spring, MD. It is dedicated to advancing workforce development in public transportation and related sectors at the national, state, and local levels. To accomplish this mission, ITLC supports labor-management partnerships throughout the transportation industry and relevant non-profit and government partnerships that help develop programs to improve organizational capacity and expand worker skills and career opportunities.
About TWC: In 2021, the Federal Transit Administration selected ITLC to operate its first-ever national technical assistance center to help transit agencies recruit, hire, train, and retain a diverse workforce needed now and in the future. TWC supports public transit agencies’ workforce development needs for all modes of public transit across urban, tribal, and rural entities through a combination of advice, consultation, training, research, and strategic leadership.
The Employee Experience Specialist will report to one of ITLC’s senior directors. Primary responsibilities include:
- In consultation and full collaboration with directors and staff:
- Review, update, and write position descriptions for current staff
- Examine and assess alignment of staff resources with organizational functions and capacity
- Create a strategic staffing plan in line with current and projected organizational functions and budgets
- Help design and maintain organization-appropriate organization charts
- Develop varied ways to enhance and strengthen ITLC/TWC team members’ experience
- Initiate a consultative and collaborative recruitment process for new positions and candidates, including drafting job postings, reviewing job applications, screening candidates, conducting background checks, coordinating interviews, and ensuring job postings reach out to a broad and diverse audience
- Develop and coordinate onboarding plans for new employees after review and consultation with supervisors and other relevant content staff
- Help develop plans and activities that boost morale and support employee success
- Engage in ongoing compensation analysis and benchmarking for ITLC/TWC positions, and participate in compensation surveys in relevant sectors
- Analyze actual or potential changes in employee benefit plans to inform organizational decision making
- Help develop materials that ensure staff is fully informed about benefits, and provide guidance in any choices staff may need to make
- Help develop systems and criteria for periodic and annual evaluations
- Help develop systems and criteria for staff salary increases
- Act as internal advisor for supervisors on supervisory skills
- Coordinate employee career development and internal training effort
- Help develop systems and plans for performance improvement
- Review the employee handbook, and keep it updated
- Ensure organizational compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements
- Serve as a resource for employees who have concerns
- Help design and facilitate internal dispute resolution processes
- Conduct or co-conduct exit interviews
- Work with directors and staff to design regular internship opportunities, and establish connections with local schools, colleges, and universities to fill these internships
- At least three years of human resources-related work following an undergraduate degree that includes the study of human resources or relevant work, or a relevant graduate degree with two years of human-resources-related work
- For applicants without an undergraduate degree, at least five years of professional human resources-related experience
- Excellent collaborative and teamwork skills, and experience working with and across various workplace teams
- Highly organized, with solid time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, especially related to compensation and benefits analysis
- Demonstrated commitment to the advancement of diversity, equity, inclusion, and access in the workplace
- Strong computer skills, including MS Suite and HR software
- Ability to manage work independently, while also amenable to appropriate supervision
- A people-oriented approach to human resource management
- Experience with or interest in and commitment to developing an in-depth understanding of the organization’s mission and context, including: public transportation and the development of its frontline workforce; career pathways and career ladders; labor unions; and labor-management partnerships
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizations
- Familiarity with public transportation and related sectors
Start Date: Immediate placement available. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Type of Employment: Full-time at 40 hours. Permanent position.
- Commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental, and vision insurance
- Life/disability insurance
- Company contribution to Simplified Employee Pension Plan and voluntary employee contribution to 403(b) retirement program
- PTO (Vacation and Sick Leave)
- Paid Federal Holidays
Email resume and cover letter to Joyce Williams: email@example.com.
The ITLC values diversity, equity, inclusion, and access. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, age, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, and pregnancy), national or ethnic origin, religion, disability, or veteran status. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Contact Name: Joyce E. Williams, Office Manager/HR
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org